Llannerch-y-medd Merched y Wawr host evening where we discuss a range of things such as history and historical local photographs. We also have evenings where we display members art work. Various speakers come to our sessions for expert discussion. As well as this we have sessions to practice handy work, cookery, quizzes, hobbies and much more.
We currently have 24 members but are always open to more women joining us. Members must be over 18 year old although the majority of our members are currently between 60 and 93.
We meet on a monthly basis at the Tabernacl Church on Thursdays between 7:00 and 9:00pm. Membership is currently £18 which includes four issues of "Y Wawr" our quarterly magazine. To join, simply turn up.
We have several events planned for future meetings including:
- The annual St David's supper in a hotel
- Sponsored walk held every July where Anglesey branches come together
- Collect money for charity of the year
- May Day is held annually - singers, lecture and nice lunch
- Every December a carol service is held with various branches participating and raising money for charity of the year.
All of these planned events are dependent on the situation with the COVID19 pandemic.